Remove this ad

Darkside

Road Capt.

Lead

Aug 29 13 8:29 PM

Tags : :

Hey Guys - there is a very large bike meet and show in Midland this weekend. Saturday and Sunday. The local chapter of the CVMG will have a display on and there are apparently a lot of bikes that show up for this meet.
If I can get the VFR750 safety checked (supposed to be ready tomorrow) and transferred into my name, the I will be riding out there on Saturday morning leaving about 8:30, weather permitting. It is supposed to be a good weekend with no rain in the forecast so should be a good day. Otherwise I will be taking the truck.
Anyone wanting to join me, let me know and we can meet up somewhere here in Barrie.
Brian
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Darkside

#2 [url]

Sep 5 13 8:32 AM

Re: Midland bike meet

Weather did not co-operate for me this weekend. My bike is still at the shop as well getting saftied. Took it to Mission Cycle in Angus. Was supposed to be ready in a day or two and cost around $400 for parts and labour. Got a call yesterday that bike is finally ready and the bill is over $800. Not happy to say the least.

They replaced fork seals, triple tree bearings, front brake pads, oil change with filter and checked out fluids while it was there. Feeling like I have been bent over the work bench. Last time it goes to a dealer. I will do my own work from now on.

Only took it there for the safety, and figured while it was there to get other things done to save me some time, but seems like they took advantage of my situation. Will go today to pick it up and have a few words with them about the bill. Will see what happens, but an assuming I will just need to suck it up and pay the bill to get my bike back. Lesson learned. Are there any honest bike mechanics around the Barrie area, for those times when you absolutely have to use one? I am tired of being ripped off by dealers (bikes & cars), as they all seem to be after only the short term profits, and not interested in "customer service" anymore!
FOOK......................Rant over!

I do hear from about a dozen of the CVMG members that were at the display and walked the event that it was a decent turn out with quite a few very nice vintage bikes, lots of Harleys, and plenty of modern Jap bikes. Weather kept a lot of people away, as we had quite a downpour here, and threats of tornados in the area.

Quote    Reply   

Cafe64

Builder

#3 [url]

Sep 17 13 10:54 AM

If they didn't call you for approval for the work, you do not have to pay. That's the law in Ontario.

Making the best of what I got!

Quote    Reply   

Bones

Builder

#4 [url]

Sep 20 13 10:40 AM

In all my time around cycles some as old as 40's and some as nes as 90's I have never had to replace head stock / triple tree bearings and seeing yours is a 90's its would have tappered bearings which never ever ever go. Fork seals sure, me thinks they stuck it up your bum. Ask what was wrong with the bearings they will have no answer.

Bikes, Babes and Beer ! what a wonderful life.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help